Sunday, September 1, 2013

Feel Good Inc.



Well it's the end of my first week out of the BYU danger zone. And guess what lovelies?

IT.
WAS.
DIVINE.

Simply divine. I absolutely love it at the U. The students body is so diverse, there really is a place for everybody here. Even for somebody like me that doesn't really fit in anywhere.

To try to help you understand my situation, we will explore one of my favorite movies of all time: Mean Girls. One of the reasons I left BYU is that I didn't fit in there at all. I was like Cady Heron on her first day of school, just your old-fashioned outcast eating my lunch in the bathroom stall (figuratively... or maybe literally... but probably figuratively ;) ). Going to the U is like being part of the PLASTICS for me. I love the diversity. I love the laidback personality. I love that the students come from all sides of life. I love living in Salt Lake. I love my adorable neighborhood that reminds me of Seattle. In essence, I'm in love with my new life.

Granted, my first week here hasn't been all dandelions and sunshine. In the craziness girls moving in and out, my internet service was cancelled, forcing me to camp at the library for most of the day to be able to do anything. I have no friends where I live. One of my roommates is driving me absolutely bonkers with her immaturity. The cooling system in my apartment is outdated and the temperature inside usually hovers in the 80s. Everyone I know lives at least 40 minutes away from me. The Box Elder bugs in the neighborhood are driving me to insanity and filling my life with terror. I was sent to 3 different wards today for church just in time for them to tell me that the ward I meet in had already finished their meetings hours ago.

But darlings, I am blessed.

 I am so grateful for the opportunity to live up in Salt Lake and to go to school at the U. For the first time in a long time, I feel like I actually belong somewhere. I feel like I'm heading in a positive, forward direction instead of just wandering. I feel like I'm progressing. Every person who I've crossed paths with is respectful, selfless, and unconditionally kind. Without their help, I would still be hopelessly wandering the school, hopelessly riding the bus without a clue where I'm at, hopelessly being trampled at the school dance when the drunkards at the campus party decided to mosh, and hopelessly trying to use the school's grading system.

I really want to shout out to my absolutely incredible boyfriend. He has been a huge support in the process of finding and moving into this apartment and I'm richly blessed. It amazes me how someone can be such a positive influence in my life, even when living so far away. Even though he won't be able to read this, he still deserves all the recognition I can give him. :) I'm a very fortunate person.

Guys, I'm blessed. Need I say more? :)


No comments:

Post a Comment