Saturday, September 7, 2013

Time to Pretend

"Pick you up, let you down, when I wanna go to a place I can hide. You know me, I had plans but they just disappeared to the back of my mind. Oh can it be, the voices calling me they get lost and out of time. I should've seen a glow but everybody knows that a broken heart is blind."

"I'm on the pursuit of happiness and I know everything that shine ain't always gonna be gold. I'll be fine once I get it, yeah, I'll be good."

"I keep on running, keep on running and nothing helps. I can't get away from you."

"But there is really nothing, nothing we can do. Love must be forgotten. Life can always start up anew. "

"When you're tired of racing and you found you never left the start. Come on baby, don’t let it break your heart.. When you're tired of aiming your arrows, still you never hit the mark."

If you know who sings all of the lyrics I used in the beginning of the post without cheating, we can be best friends for life.

As you can probably guess, the sitting, waiting, and wishing is over. Now here's to sitting, waiting, and wishing that some kind of hope is on the horizon.

I'm a single lady. My hands are up. I haven't put on my black leotard and hooker heels to dance around the white room in. My hands are shakily staying up. I hope soon that I'll be prancing around the universe with no cares in the world again. I hope I embrace that I will only have to worry about myself and frankly there's no one that does a better job of that than me. I hope that in spending some quality time alone that the only person that I need to learn to trust in is myself and that no one is in charge of my happiness besides me. I hope I can appreciate that my future is MINE and that's one thing no force in the universe can take that from me.

My inspirations for the week: Empire of the Sun because they are gods of the music world, Catherine because she's a huge example to me and is willing to share in the pain of this time of life, Josh because he let me make fun of him yesterday about his hilarious nightmares about life, Ansel because he listens to Black Eyed Peas and wants to take selfies with me, Alex because he can make me laugh, and my parents that seem like the only people in the world that still are behind me.

Life will be ok someday guys. Life is going to be ok....

No comments:

Post a Comment