Friday, November 30, 2012

What You Can Accomplish in Five Days Without Facebook: A Tale of Employment, Destructive Crafting, Birthday Bashing, and More

It's pretty sad how much I use Facebook. This week has been a constant struggle of me not going online to post whatever witty and snarky comment I had that day or to stalk the cute guy in my ward. Seriously. Just plain sad. BUT it wasn't all that bad! I had a super successful week and accomplished so much it literally blows my mind.

First of all, and most exciting, I got a job at Hobby Lobby this week!! This was such a huge deal for me that I literally burst into tears as soon as I got into my car after the interview. So thankful for the divine intervention that provided me with the job that I so desperately needed. It's so great to know that someone's out there watching and waiting for the perfect opportunity to shower blessings on you =)

I also successfully destroyed our apartment in the creation of my first hollow book! I bought a book about the history of BYU (which, fascinatingly enough, was signed by the famous Mr. Wilkinson himself) and carved it out. All 895 pages of it. And it was seriously the biggest mess I've ever made in my life. I'm still picking paper flecks out of my hair and clothes. In addition, the carpet has a salt and pepper thing going on. Needless to say it made a pretty awesome present for my incredible roommate Catherine. Happy birthday Ms. Legal!! =)

With that, me and my other roommate Hailey completely transformed our small apartment into the ultimate birthday location. Streamers, banners, colorful balloons, you name it. It was pretty heartbreaking when we woke up one morning to find out that our world had fallen down around us. Literally. Balloons littered the ground and streamers were draped all over the furniture. Ah well, it was fun while it lasted. Happy Birthday again!

Lastly, and slightly less excitingly, schoolwork was a big success this week. I got a 95% on my 8 page Anthropology paper, a 96% on my 10 page research paper, conquered my impossible accounting homework, demolished my writing website assignment, among other superhuman feats.

Seriously, it's amazing what you can accomplish in just a few short days without Facebook. However, I look forward to cramming your Facebook news feeds with every witty remark I've had lately. Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment