Wednesday, December 12, 2012

A Year In Review: The Time I Bawled All Over My Laptop Instead of Studying Accounting

I just looked at my Facebook Year in Review and it literally made me burst into tears. There has never been a year quite like this one and in some ways I'm very glad it's over. This year, I met incredibly important people and I lost incredibly important people too. I had the best day of my life and the absolute worst day of my life. Some days I danced through life, feeling so happy to be alive and other days I wished a bolt of lightning would just destroy me. Some times I was successful beyond imagination, other times I would have given anything for a second chance. It was the best of times and it was the worst of times and finally we're at the end of it.

As I looked back on the events of this year, I realized how truly grateful I was for the divine intervention in my life. As Ammon in the Book of Mormon said "I will not boast of myself but I will boast of my God." It really was that divine intervention that has gotten me through every moment of this year and every year I will ever experience. I'm really grateful that someone is keeping an eye on me right now because freak yes, I need it!

I'm looking forward to starting fresh next year. I don't know where I will be then at all. I don't know if I'll be at BYU after winter semester. I don't know if I'm still going to study accounting. I don't know if I'll be married with octuplets or if I'm going to be a crazy cat lady who lives by herself all her life (definitely leaning toward the crazy cat lady...). However, I'm glad to know that whatever happens, there will always be that divine intervention in place, ready to stop me from going along with my crazy schemes.

Love, peace, and pizza grease!! Oh, and Merry Christmas too =)

2 comments:

  1. Seriously. Last year I would have NEVER guessed that things would be as they are now! Sending love your way:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you. You are an amazing woman. I'm grateful that The Lord let me witness your transition from a young girl to this rock star of a woman you are now. I can't wait to see what He's got in store for you in the future.

    ReplyDelete