Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Jumping on the Bandwagon... Thankful List

Not necessarily in order of most importance, just what came to me the first =)

1. I'm thankful for the Atonement of Jesus Christ and all the incredible and life changing ways I've been able to use it for.

2. I'm thankful for my wonderful family. I'm so grateful for their unconditional love and all of the outstanding support they give me.

3. I'm thankful for the gospel of Jesus Christ. I'm grateful for the hope and happiness that it instills in me as well as to those around me.

4. I'm thankful that there's a plan for me, even if I don't like the way it's going right now. I'm grateful there's someone smarter than me that's putting me on a good path even if I don't recognize it.

5. I'm soooo thankful for my fantastic friends, both in Washington and in Utah. I'm so grateful that I can still remain in great contact with them all, I'm grateful for all of my wonderful memories with them all, and I'm thankful for the smiles they bring into my life. =)

6. I'm thankful for Psy. He's pretty much my hero. I hope someday I can dance like him.

7. I'm thankful for the power of music. The power to inspire, the power to alleviate pain, the power to spark happiness, the power to bring back memories, the power to transport to a different world, the power to cause contemplation.

8. I'm thankful that I have a job, even if it involves yelling at people for 4 hours straight. I'm so grateful I've been blessed with that when so many people don't have that opportunity in their lives.

9. I'm thankful for my aunts. I never expected it but one of the best things of moving to Utah has been to get to know my aunts better and create strong friendships with each of them. I'm thankful for their endless support, their loving advice, and their ability to make me smile.

10. I'm thankful that Ansel still runs up to hug me every time I walk in the door. I'm thankful that he stills dances in the kitchen and looks at himself in the reflection of the fireplace cover as he dances.

11. I'm thankful that Alex still wants to play video games with his sister. And I'm thankful he always lets me be Batman when we play Lego Batman.

12. I'm thankful that Zac asks me for fashion advice every once in awhile. It's nice to know that I've still got it to some degree.

13. I'm thankful that my Mom will have deep conversations with me. I'm grateful that when I talk to her, she never places any judgement, she just listens. I'm thankful that she gives me hugs every time she sees me.

14. I'm thankful that my Dad will give me advice when I'm completely lost on what to do. I'm grateful that he's always willing to watch movies with me, even if it's late at night and he's had a long day.

15. I'm soooo thankful for my roommates this year. I'm grateful that Catherine is always willing to rant with me when something in life just plain sucks and I'm glad she plays the Killers a lot. I'm grateful that Hailey shares her delicious food with me and sits there and listens to me try to explain my homework assignments so it makes sense in my own head. I'm so thankful they both watch Pretty Little Liars with me and get just excited to decorate the apartment for Christmas as I am. =) Love you both!!

16. I'm thankful for Netflix. That website is pretty much boss.

17. I'm thankful for the chance that I have to get a fantastic education for an even more fantastic price. Even though I don't really like BYU, I'm still sooooooo grateful for the opportunity I have to study things that interest me and make me happy.

18. I'm thankful for those people that just make you smile, even if for one moment. Like the cute guy that asked me to play on his team for football today. Little things like that make so much of a difference in my days now.

19. I'm thankful that the Lord has given me a way to communicate with him. I'm grateful for the power of prayer in my life and I'm sooo thankful for the companionship of the Holy Ghost.

20. I'm thankful that one of my best friends Sam Gossage is getting baptized next month!! Watching her grow in the church has been one of the most incredible experiences in my life and I squealed, burst into tears, and ran around to tell everyone within earshot the first second I heard the news. I'm so grateful that I get to go see her go through this life-changing experience and I'm so grateful for the wonderful example of faith she is to me. =)

21. I'm thankful for the people that rush to your aid when you least expect it. That's been a particularly huge blessing over the past couple months and I will forever be grateful to those people that have reached out to me. You know who you are and you have my thanks =)

Tune in the next few days for more!!! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment