Friday, January 10, 2014

With or Without You

You send songs racing through my head so why don't I describe us through songs?

You're something beautiful, a contradiction
I wanna play the game, I want the friction

Do you think I'm special? Do you think I'm nice? Am I bright enough to shine in your spaces? Boy, you're so dope, your love is deadly.
I’m nothing without you.

I’ll smile when you speak, remember all those times I was hoping for something
And shaking my head from all I have done, but you never left me.

You make me glow, you make me shine, but we always fight right on time. I’m building bridges that I know you never wanted and now on every single road that I could take. 

I want you to burn my bridges down.

I walk in circles but I'll never figure out what I mean to you? Do I belong?
I try to fight this but I know I'm not that strong. I've been away been running to save my head, the warrant's out and I'm almost dead.

I won't say what I've already said.

But I feel so helpless here... watch, my eyes are filled with fear. Being me can only mean feeling scared to breathe. If you leave me then I’ll be afraid of everything.

Tell me do you feel the same?
Hold me in your arms again.

My therapist told me that opposites attract, I wish that she was here when opposites attack. You love me then you hate, what's it going to be? I don't want to miss the magic that is you and me. 

When I wake up I’m afraid, somebody else might take my place. 

But when I wake up I’m afraid, somebody else might end up being me

And there's no remedy for memory your face. Like a melody, it won't lift my head. No one compares to you and I'm scared that you won't be waiting on the other side.

Why does it feel so good but hurt so bad? My mind keeps saying run as fast as you can.
I just don't know what to do, I'm too afraid to love you. All those sleepless nights and all those wasted days
I wish loneliness would leave me, but I think it's here to stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment